Hey everyone! Welcome to our second month-long challenge at The Heart Desires! All of our June participants knocked the first challenge out of the park, or in keeping with the nautical theme, beyond the sea!!
This month we bring you an equally beautiful inspiration graphic and a sketch! Taking it tropical this time around!
Here’s my interpretation of the graphic and, very loosely, the sketch! I took my cue from an earlier card I made for a student, which you can see here. I have worked in every color!!
It’s a bit difficult to see, but this close-up shows the nature of the ombre ink and how well it works with the watercolor paper. Atop the vellum frame cut from MFT’s diagonal stitch die, I added PTI’s slide, cut multiple times from #110 paper for thickness, topping with those fabulous flamingos from The Lilypad, digitally printed paper.
Neat and Tangled’s sentiment, one of my favorites, is cut from gold foam (love that stuff!!). The white and gold paper echoes the gold of the die and is also from The Lilypad, digitally printed.
In this photo, you can see the lovely layers, and that base paper–which was the most difficult layer to finally figure out–is from Basic Grey’s Urban Luxe, which you can no longer find! I should have bought out the collection when I had the chance! Love how the gold splotches and blues work with the other papers, and particularly the flowers.
What better than the versatile floral die set from Ellen Hutson, Wild Garden? The flowers work for so many different occasions! They are cut from The Lilypad digital paper, lime and white linen cardstock.
And those gorgeous regatta blue buttons embellish!
I have so many graduation cards to finish– this one is headed to my college-bound student.
Alright, now it’s your turn to play along with us! You have until Wednesday, July 27!
Please read the rules below before you enter.
- Challenges will run from the first Wednesday to the last Wednesday of each month.
- Use one, two or three of the identified elements.
- If you choose to use colors, you need only use 2 or 3 of them. Use your choice of neutrals (white, kraft, black, gray).
- Identify the elements you chose to use if not readily evident.
- Enter up to 3 times and combine with no more than 5 challenges, including ours.
- Include the inspiration pic as well as a link to the challenge in your post.
- The challenge winner will be invited to be a future guest designer.
- Most importantly, have fun!!!!
Come back tomorrow for another bold, summery creation that is sure to inspire your summer scrapbooking!