More Sweetness!

Lawn Fawn CHA 2014 Catalogue Challenge!

Here are my next two creations for the catalogue!

First up, Sweet Swinging Gingerbread Kids!

IMG_20131209_112142

I wanted to create something with the gingerbreads, house, and candies from the Sweet Christmas set, but setting a scene wasn’t really coming together.  I am not really sure how this card came about–it was one of those that seemed to make itself!

IMG_20131209_112234

I stamped eight gingerbread kids on Gina K. heavy weight kraft paper with Unicorn White ink, then embossed with fine white powder.  Next, I adhered them, back-to-back, running the baker’s twine through them.  I stamped the house and sweet embellishments with Versamark Dazzle, covered with sticky embossing powder and then Stampendous white glitter.  I really loved the CAS nature of the front!

IMG_20131209_112205

The inside came about as a complete surprise.  I had hand-cut a similar banner for another card, and wanted a bit of an interesting inside, since the front was so simple.  So I echoed the kraft color on the front, stamped and embossed the sentiment, and adhered with white, glittery brads.  What I didn’t realize, though, was that the Ghiridhelli chocolate would fit perfectly inside the banner!  Talk about sweet!!

To cover up the backs of the brads, I ran some washi tape over the middle of the card’s back.

IMG_20131209_112257

Last up, Critters in Holiday Squares!

IMG_20131209_112613

So, this was actually the first card I made for the challenge, and it took the longest.  I had been thinking about the concept for awhile, inspired by the Brady Bunch and Hollywood Squares!  I wanted to feature the little critters in their own frames, but have them looking at and talking to each other, using the sentiments from the Critters in the Snow set.

My initial visualization didn’t quite manifest for this card, as I was also trying to complete this for the CASE Study challenge, based on Keisha’s sketch:

I didn’t make it in time to play along with them at CASE Study, but this card finally came together!

IMG_20131209_112409

So how did it all happen?  Well, I first measured and die cut the circles on a 4.5 x 4.5″ card.  Then I stamped and Copic-colored the critters first, and fussy cut them.  You can see that I embellished Rudolph a bit, with a Glossy Accents nose and glittery-embossed antlers.

My original intention was to have them stamped right on the backing paper, with only the penguin popping out of his frame, but that version wasn’t satisfying me.  I had placed some fabulous turquoise snowflake paper behind the critters and loved the effect, but we couldn’t use any patterned paper!  What was I to do?

Well, I cut a square backing paper, sponged turquoise pigment ink from Cat’s Eye over it, and then stamped the snow flakes from the Critters set in Unicorn White and heat embossed with white powder.  Voila, problem solved!

IMG_20131209_112430

I embossed the polka dot paper and tag, assembled everything and then added the embellishments!

Here are some close-up shots of the critters!

IMG_20131209_112453

IMG_20131209_112504

And the back of the card:
IMG_20131209_112539

Well, that is it for me!  These were all little labors of love, but now I need to get down to brass tacks as it is Monday and time to get ready to teach my little human critters!

Head over to the CHA Challenge for all sorts of fun!  And please contact me with questions or comments!  I love connecting with you!