Hello Everyone and welcome to a special THD Challenge for July!
We just celebrated Toni’s birthday and the 4th of July, and now we’re celebrating the first anniversary of The Heart Desires Store with a sale and a new THD Challenge this month with a hop where you could be a winner!
Here’s our current inspiration!
This month’s Hop Rules
There are up to 3 opportunities to win a $20 gift certificate to the store.
- Leave a comment on the challenge post on the blog, on IG, and/or FB. You must be a follower of each platform you comment on for your vote to count.
- Enter the July challenge for an additional chance to win a $10 gift certificate. Don’t forget to link back to the challenge in your personal post.
- Winners will be randomly selected from the eligible entries and announced August 2 so you have plenty of time to comment and enter.
- NEW: A randomly selected participant each month will receive a $10 gift certificate to the store. Who doesn’t like an excuse to shop?!
- NEW: If you would like to be a guest designer on the blog, please add GD next to your name when you enter.
- Don’t worry. We’ll still be choosing our favorites and offering the opportunity for the winner to guest design for the challenge.
- Challenges will run from the first Wednesday to the last day of each month.
- Enter up to 3 times and combine with no more than 5 challenges, including ours.
- Include the challenge inspiration pic or link in your post.
- The challenge winner will be invited to be a future guest designer.
- Most importantly, have fun!!!!
When you post your entries, feel free to tag us on social media!
Oh, and did we mention a sale?
And now for how I was inspired by our challenge graphic!
I pulled together some things old, some things new for this one! I had a few leftover Waffle Flower floral die cuts that had been colored with Brushos from my card in the April challenge. While I was playing around with them, I realized they could double as both fireworks and anemones! Here they are playing the role of the latter!
I love how they look with the Memory Box underwater collage dies. The inner panel was cut from hand-colored alcohol inked glossy paper; the outer from the Gina Marie cross-stitch die. The top one is adhered with a cute clip from Michael’s mermaid line!
The inner panel was colored with Distress inks and then sprayed with Heidi Swap Color Shine. I then stamped a sentiment from Waffle Flower’s Flora Cat Play.
I put a clear dot from Tear Drops and Clear dots in the flower’s center.
Finally, I added one of my sequin strands that uses a variety of sequins, including Hero Arts Ombre sequins and some anchor washi from Target on the inside! The base paper is from an old collection from Glitz Design.
Thanks for celebrating with us! I look forward to seeing what you create this month! Click on any of the links below to purchase items used in my card for 20% off!
Supplies from THD Store:
Memory Box Seaweed Collage and Underwater Collage Dies; Waffleflower Flora Cat Play sentiment; Gina Marie Stitched Rectangle die; Distress Ink Tumbled Glass Mermaid Lagoon; Ranger Mini Ink Blending tool; Ranger Watercolor paper; Brushos Ultramarine; Hero Arts Ombre Sequins